Job Opening: Outreach/Case Manager for People Who are Homeless
Closing Date: April 17th, 2015
Contact Procedure: email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Purpose: The purpose of this job is to engage people who are homeless and vulnerable, to assess their needs, to gather information as needed, and to develop a sufficiently trusting relationship with them so that together you can help them obtain permanent housing and sustain it with the help of community supports.
Program: Outreach to People who are Homeless
Location: 135 N Cleveland, Memphis, TN/ and in the community, in general
Scope of Work: This is a part-time (18 hours a week) position without benefits. This employee works as a mediator between the client’s concerns and what the system of services can offer. The person in this position will work as part of a team. As a team member they will make community-based visits, accompany clients to appointments; assess the clients’ vulnerabilities, skills, resources, and motivation, and identify available community resources (with the help of other team members), such as housing, vocational rehabilitation, employment, and social services, based on each client’s needs and desires.
Reports to: Executive Director
|Importance||Major Action & Support Actions||% of time|
|1||Establish a working, trusting relationship with clients who have been identified as homeless and partner with them to create and implement a plan to end their homelessness||10|
|2||Assess clients vulnerabilities, skills, needs and desires; identify the community resources available to the clients||20|
|3||Accompany clients to appointments, meet with key figures where clients live, identify potential housing issues, identify ways to either avoid or cope with these crisis; identify key supports in the community and build relationship with them.||50|
|4||Encourage clients to handle problems on their own or with the members of their support system; Test and adjust support systems as needed||10|
|5||Meet together with clients and significant members of support networks to finalized components of ongoing system of car. Gradually transfer care of client to community support systems.||10|
Job Requirements/ Outreach Worker
- Bachelors in Social Work or equivalent years of relevant work experience required. Ability to compassionately help people with serious mental illness who may be psychotic.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work as part of small team.
- Must been able to “let go” of clients once they are established in the community.
- Reliable automobile transportation, clean driving record, auto insurance and ability to drive for hours at a time.
- Be able to use a phone, computer and other office equipment.
- Acquire immunizations as needed.
- Participate in trainings targeted toward increasing sensitivity to age, gender, race/ethnic differences.
- Adhere to policies and procedures detailed in the Employee Handbook.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. This job description may be reviewed and modified at any time. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.