The Neighborhood Christian Centers, Inc. is looking for a ministry minded person for our Youth department. The following position is open: Youth Empowered to Succeed Associate Director.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Interested individuals should submit a résumé to email@example.com or come by our office at 785 Jackson Ave. to apply in person by Tuesday, December 30, 2014 by 12:00 pm.
YOUTH EMPOWERED TO SUCCEED ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION DESCRIPTION: YES Associate Director
STATUS: Full-time, Salaried (TBD)
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
General Purpose of Position:
To evangelize, disciple, educate, empower, and advocate for the neighboring youth in the communities that NCC serves while providing direct supervision for the team that carries out these endeavors.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The YES Associate Director (YAD) collaborates with the YES Senior Director (YSD) and both report to the Chief Programs Officer (CPO). The YSD, in collaboration with the CPO and the Director of Business Affairs, will provide an evaluation at the end of the 90 day probationary period. The CPO and the Director of Business Affairs will provide an annual evaluation of the YAD’s performance after this period.
Facilitate the Primary & Secondary sections of the Y.E.S. department including, academic support, youth health and wellness initiatives, bible clubs, after school programs, summer camps, and events. Ensures the implementation of NCC youth initiatives, mission, and values. Trains, coaches, monitors, and delegates tasks of the Primary & Secondary Y.E.S. team and programs. Responsible for tracking the participation of students and distributing incentives.
- Meets and Collaborates with Y.E.S. Senior Director on primary and secondary youth ministries endeavors, and assists the College Assistance Program during activities and events.
- Coordinates and develops Primary and Secondary Y.E.S. after school programs, summer camps, curriculum, and evangelism efforts.
- Conducts weekly meetings, supervises & trains Primary & Secondary Y.E.S. Staff (T.R.U.T.H. Seekers Coordinator, After School Coordinator, Site YM Coordinators and assigned Support Staff), and ensures that the Primary and Secondary Y.E.S. team implements the mission and values of NCC. The YAD has autonomy to redistribute responsibilities and task as needed with the approval of the CPO.
- Visits sites, schools, & camps where Primary and Secondary Y.E.S. events take place and monitors the maintenance of recruitment, enrollment, retention and program efforts. Follows up with revisions as necessary.
- Serves as a liaison between Primary and Secondary Y.E.S. team and NCC Leadership and management team, and meets with the Chief Programs Officer weekly or as scheduled to update on team progress and upcoming events.
- Ensures that the Primary and Secondary Y.E.S. team complies with all NCC policies and procedures (i.e. check requests, room requests, PTO requests, etc…)
- Ensures that attendance and data entry is recorded for each child enrolled in Primary and Secondary Y.E.S. programs.
- Advocates for the Primary and Secondary division of Y.E.S. internally and externally, and collaborates with volunteers, Premier transportation, and other external partners.
- Works with management team to adapt the yearly budget and makes sure that all events and programs comply within the budget set for the year.
- Ensures that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
- Caries out any other duties deemed necessary.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and or 5-7 years management experience is a minimum requirement.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience with youth ministry in an urban setting.
- Must be able to create and write curriculum.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement the vision of NCC and the Executive Management team.
- Must have the ability to train others, facilitate programs.
- Must possess interpersonal skills with a diverse range of socioeconomic backgrounds, including but not limited to youth, parents, and donors.
- Must be able to identify specific needs of participants based on behavior and conduct and connect them to the proper resources.
- Must have written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must be able to carry out the NCC Statement of Faith, Mission, and Values.