June 15, 2020
Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) is available to parents of kids in a school system who qualify for free/reduced lunch; and apart of a school system that has been shut down 5 days consecutively because of COVID-19. That’s anyone who has children in SCS, Aspire, etc. Shelby County Schools is free and reduced for all kids. Financial assistance to replace school meals during the months of March, April and May due to COVID-19 school closures. 

If you are looking for volunteer opportunities, and want make a difference in the lives of children and families of Shelby County, we have just the thing for you. Cathedral of Faith Collaborative is offering Community Representative Training Friday February 27, 2015 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.  at. Klondike Community Development Center, 943 Vollintine St. 38107.  Lunch will be provided.

Community Representative are people from the community willing to attend Child and Family Team Meetings with DCS and advocate on behalf of children and families.  As part of the team a Community Rep. can inform families of resources & services in the community to help meet their needs. You can be “The Change”.

Please see attached flyer for more information.


Mrs. Connie Booker

Cathedral of Faith Collaborative Leader



You can’t apply for TennCare Medicaid anymore at your local Department of Human Services (DHS) office!

Do you need help applying for TennCare?  


Starting January 1st, you must apply for TennCare through the Health Insurance Marketplace. You can apply online at Or you can call them at

1-800-318-2596After the Health Insurance Marketplace reviews your application, they’ll tell us if you are eligible for TennCare.

You can’t apply for TennCare Medicaid anymore at your local Department of Human Services (DHS) office. But, if you need to use a computer to apply for TennCare Medicaid through the Health Insurance Marketplace, your local DHS office will have one you can use.

What if you want to apply for food stamps or other non-Medicaid programs that DHS offers? You can still apply at DHS for other programs, you just can’t apply there for TennCare Medicaid anymore.

What if you want to apply for TennCare CHOICES in Long-Term Care? Or, what if you need to tell TennCare about a change to your address, name, income, or household? Or do you have basic questions about the TennCare program?


Introducing the Tennessee Health Connection!


Starting January 1, 2014,

the State of Tennessee is opening a new service center to help you with TennCare. It’s called the Tennessee Health Connection.


Do you want to apply for CHOICES (TennCare CHOICES in Long-Term Care)? If you don’t already have TennCare, the Tennessee Health Connection can help you apply for CHOICES. What if you have TennCare now but want to apply for CHOICES? Call your health plan. Do you have questions about CHOICES or need help? Call the Tennessee Health Connection at

1-855-259-0701It’s a free call.


Do you need to report a change to your address, name, income, or the number of people in your household? State law says you must tell us about changes that may affect your TennCare. You must report these changes within 10 days of the change. Call the Tennessee Health Connection right away if:

  • You move.
  • You change jobs.
  • Your family size changes.
  • Your income changes.
  • You get or can get group health insurance.

You must also give us proof we need to make the change.


Do you have questions about the TennCare program?

Call the Tennessee Health Connection at 1-855-259-0701. It’s a free call.

We’re here Monday through Saturday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.


Do you need to contact us by mail or by fax? Here’s how!

By Mail: Tennessee Health Connection

P.O. Box 305240

Nashville, TN 37230-5240


By Fax: 1-855-315-0669


What if you need help filing an appeal for medical or behavioral health (mental health, alcohol, or drug abuse) care? The TennCare Solutions Unit can help you. Call them at


Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CST. If you have an emergency, you can call anytime.