JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Retail Store Manager, the Guest Service Representative (GSR) is responsible for delivering an excellent experience to all guests of the Stax Museum. The GSR will sell museum admissions and merchandise, facilitate group tours, assist with special events, and perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Deal skillfully with a diversity of visitors under a variety of circumstances.
2. Process admission and merchandise sales while providing an excellent guest experience.
3. Learn and exhibit general merchandising sales skills for the gift shop.
4. Comprehend and retain facts about Stax Records history, soul music, and the day-to-day operations of the museum, the Stax Music Academy, and the Soulsville Charter School, and provide accurate information through general guest interaction.
5. Assist with museum special events, including after-hours programs, rental events, concerts, and more.
6. Work with museum staff to maintain compliance with all COVID-19 restrictions.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Education and Experience:
Considerable experience in a retail, tour, or customer service-related capacity, including face-to-face work with the public. Some college preferred.
2. Necessary Knowledge and Skills:
Some knowledge in retail sales computer systems, or computers in general; music or music history as a special interest/skill; some knowledge of Stax Records; experience and/or interest in public speaking.
Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays, and after-hours events; strong communication skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail; demonstrate a strong ability to consistently work positively as a member of a team.
Frequently required to walk, stand for extended periods of time, and talk to large crowds of guests; frequently required to use hands to reach, operate objects, tool, or controls; occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch; occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds.
PAY: $10.00 to $12.00 per hour based on experience
HOURS: 20 hours per week
To apply for this position, please email a resume and letter of interest to:
Iona Green, Retail Store Manager: email@example.com