This position includes benefits and a salary up to $42,000.
Hours: Full time. Tuesday through Saturday. Additional hours (nights and weekends) may be required.
To manage the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings, grounds and other facilities. The position plans, budgets, schedules, oversees and often performs facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor materials and other related costs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Oversee the cleaning, maintenance and landscaping of the buildings and grounds.
2. Develop a plan for and perform routine maintenance of equipment, buildings and grounds
3. Schedule and oversee maintenance service providers, including but not limited to landscaping, garbage and recycling pick up, mosquito abatement and plumbers.
4. Manage preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC, lighting and office equipment, cleaning of drains and gutters.
5. Develop budgets for, schedule and oversee non-routine facility and grounds maintenance and improvement projects, including cost estimates, timelines and project oversight
6. Oversee and inspect construction and installation progress provided by outside contractors.
7. Assist with grounds rentals and special events.
8. Assist with exhibition planning, furniture design and fabrication, lighting, installation and other responsibilities as needed.
9. Provide assistance with special projects, as needed.
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments with exposure to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise. Ongoing responsibilities include painting (indoor and outdoor), preventative maintenance on HVAC systems, light electrical and plumbing, irrigation repair, fountain pump maintenance, set up and break down for events and grounds rentals, and light landscaping and carpentry. Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
1. Inform Executive Director of issues or progress.
2. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: Minimum of three to five years of progressive experience and responsibility in a maintenance field.
License/Certification(s): Valid driver’s license
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range is $37,000 – $42,000. Benefits include health insurance and a 3% Simple IRA employer match after two years of employment.
Send cover letter, resume and three references to Carissa Hussong, Executive Director, at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.