High School Summer Law Intern Program Sponsored by the Memphis Bar Association
Who: Current Shelby County Schools Minority Sophomores and Juniors
What: 2018 High School Summer Law Intern Program
When: June 4, 2018 – June 29, 2018
Why: The High School Summer Law Intern Program (SLIP) seeks to develop and nurture an interest in the legal profession among young people from underrepresented groups, with long-term goal of increasing diversity in the legal profession.
To be considered for a 2018 SLIP internship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a minority high school student in good standing
- Begin junior or senior year of high school in August, 2018
- Reside in, and attend school in Shelby County
- Never previously accepted into SLIP
Members of the Memphis Bar Association (MBA) Summer Law Intern Program Committee will judge applicants on the following criteria:
- Interest in law as a future career
- School and community activities and/or employment history
- Oral presentation skills (e.g., group interviews)
- Writing skills (e.g. Statement of interest)
If interested, please click HERE for the application.