Urban Fellow – Summer 2017
- Job Type: Part-Time
- Department: Human Resources
- Closing: 4/28/2017 11:59 PM Central
The Memphis Urban Fellows Program (MUFP) is a year-round initiative that offers local college students the opportunity to intern with various divisions of the City of Memphis Government. Our mission is to develop the change agents of tomorrow, future City of Memphis leaders, and enhance the interaction of area college students with City government, all in support of retaining the best and brightest talent for Memphis. This is a paid internship which provides the opportunity for growth, networking, and personal fulfillment.
The Urban Fellows intern completes challenging projects proposed by division leaders, which benefits the City of Memphis and the participant through mutual collaboration and input in solution building for our most pressing issues facing government today. Urban Fellows get firsthand knowledge and exposure to strategies that help shape a more efficient and effective government. Past projects have included input from students on various strategic and administrative priorities including improving neighborhood watch programs, creating an online benefits-management portal, performing analysis of best recruitment strategies for the Spanish-speaking community, and recommend body-worn camera solutions in the Real Time Crime Center.
Application Due Date for Summer Term: April 28th
Notification of Selection: May 23rd
Orientation: June 12th
Report to City Divisions: June 12th – August 18th
- Health Insurance (Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision)
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare & Dependent Care)
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave (10 Days in First Year – up to 25 Days after 25 Years)
- Paid Sick Leave/Bonus Leave
To view more details regarding employee benefits click here!