January 15th deadline!
Lincoln Scholars receive “full-ride plus” scholarships, renewable for four years.
In the summer before their first year at Centre, Lincoln Scholars will participate in a 10-day endeavor that includes an introspective short course on leadership, a colloquium on Lincoln, and a three-night, four-day experience with North Carolina Outward Bound.
Each Lincoln Scholar will engage with the program director to chart an intentional, self-initiated course of study, research, service, and co-curricular experiences over four years. Summers after the first year at Centre will be devised in conjunction with the program director.
The scholarship and enrichment program includes:
- Four-year, “full-ride plus” scholarship, including room and board
- Three summers of enrichment experiences that further develop students’ tenacity, grit, and understanding of humankind’s challenges
- Opportunities to pursue career-building and leadership-enhancing experiences
- Individual mentoring from the director of the Lincoln Scholars Program
Competitive applicants should demonstrate:
- Standardized test scores at or near the top 10 percent of scores nationally. International students: minimum TOEFL score of 90, IELTS of 7.0.
- A high school GPA that reflects achievement and success. IB program participants are welcome.
- Leadership potential as a change-maker
- Selflessness, integrity, and the courage to be bold in pursuit of the greater good
- Intellectual curiosity, a compelling personal mission, and an intense desire to achieve goals
- Marked participation and leadership in extracurricular, service, or community activities
How to Apply
1) Apply for admission by January 15.
2) Request a nomination from a school counselor, core course teacher, community-based organization liaison, employer, or independent college counselor who can attest to your qualifications using our Scholarship Nomination Form. Preferred deadline for nominations is January 1, but we accept nominations through January 15.
3) Students nominated for the program will automatically receive an invitation (via letter and email) to complete the separate Lincoln Scholars application form. The separate application is due by February 6.
The selection committee will invite approximately 30 finalists to campus for a selection weekend at the end of March, and will name 10 winners in April.