STAR Academy College Preparatory Charter School in Memphis, Tennessee, is now accepting resumes for the position of Principal for the 2016-17 school year. Our tuition-free, public charter school, founded in 2004, promotes strong ties to the community to help learners build their self, collective, and cultural identities within a holistic educational environment of social and academic excellence.
The Principal will be a strong, innovative leader with charter school experience preferred. S/he will be able to build strong relationships and articulate the school’s vision with a variety of stakeholders in a school community known for its warmth and family values. The ideal candidate must have an ability to support implementation of a vision and guiding principles to ensure a positive, achievement-focused school culture among teachers, staff, students and their families. Extensive Title 1 experience is definitely a “plus.”
• Five or more years successful teaching experience
• A minimum of three years successful school leadership experience (provide evidence)
• Tennessee Teaching License with Highly Qualified Status
• Must possess or be eligible for Tennessee Administrative Licensure
• Masters’ Degree in Educational Leadership or Related Field, Doctorate Preferred
Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter to David Middleton at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org .