JOB DESCRIPTION AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
TITLE: Executive Administrative Assistant
SUMMARY: Responsible for administrative activities in support of the ED and DD.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administrative Support: proactively manage the calendar and conduct timely follow-up all scheduling communication for the Executive Director.
- Coordinate all business travel arrangements for Executive Director, including preparing expense reporting responsibilities.
- Answer and direct phone calls Field inquiries about the Foundation and direct specific request as appropriate.
- Responsible for the directors daily administrative activities including drafting and typing of all correspondence as directed; production of reports and presentations; first contact for answering and screening incoming calls; field inquiries about the Foundation, route calls to the correct individual and opening routing and prioritizing mail.
- Assist with the preparation of requests for corporate, public, and other support.
- Initiates research projects and completes other duties on special projects as assigned.
- Assist in the preparation of office mailings
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director Deputy Director.
- Board & Committee Support
- Maintain current contact information for Board members, Board of Trustee members and committees.
- Send meeting packets to members absent from meetings. (Agenda, minutes, financials, pertinent committee information as determined by ED DD and FD)
- Schedule yearly meetings and reserve meeting rooms 6 months to a year in advance
II. Fund Development Support
- Process and distribute mail including pledges, payments and donor gifts.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of campaigns, special events, and workshops.
- Learn and use campaign database software in support of the Fund development goals and objectives. Update names, addresses, and other information as required.
- Maintain registration list and mailing lists, and send necessary contact reminders.
Provide support for Executive Director’s activities as needed. Attend events and help set up room and display materials as requested.
- As needed prepare packets, brochures, sign-in sheets, name tags, recognition gifts, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associate’s Degree or equivalent in business or related field and five years’ experience of previous executive level support. Experience working with nonprofit organizations preferred.
The Executive Administrative Assistant will have the following experience and attributes:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Strong customer service and public relations skills.
- Strong organizational skills, planning skills and attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of the billing process and may be asked to assist in invoicing and receipts.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and adapt to an ever-changing administrative environment.
- An ability to work flexible hours as necessary, including evening, weekend, or special events.
- Sensitivity for cultural, racial, ethnic, socio-economic, and sexual identity diversity. Commitment to support the Foundation’s mission.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and diplomacy skills.
To apply send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.