Job title: Data Process Specialist
Reports to IT director; full-time (40 hours per week); starting salary $15.25-17.10 per hour
Closing date: May 20, 2016
To apply, mail resume and cover letter to MIFA Human Resources, 910 Vance Ave, Memphis, TN 38126 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Responsible for assessing and entering data for billing related services for Title III OAA (Older Americans Act), OPTIONS for Community Living, TennCare CHOICES, Family Caregiver, MIFA-funded, and other government and grant programs.
- Associate’s degree or two years’ post high school education in business administration
- Three years’ data/billing experience required
- Proficiency at operating communication systems (computers, email, laptops, telephone, faxes, scanners, and presentation equipment), Microsoft Word and Excel, and various database systems
- Ability to type at least 45 words per minute
- Experience with ten-key and billing software preferred
Major Responsibilities & Related Tasks
Records and data management
- Understand protocols necessary to enter and update client billing database information, including daily record of meals served, missed visits, holds, suspensions, terminations, client resumes, new clients, all Transit information, and other forms
- Enter and update information daily into various databases including but not limited to SAMS, SERVtracker and other related databases.
- Collect daily activity documents from the Meals on Wheels and Transit department and maintain electronic and manual files
- Produce operational reports for distribution to IT, accounting, and Meals on Wheels staff
- Enter client information into SAMS including basic client information, client assessments, independent living assessments, client units of service, nutrition screening, and counseling
- Research client status activities and resolve issues in a timely manner
Billing and collections
- Assist accounting and IT staff members in preparing monthly Meals on Wheels billing statements for all Transit and Meals programs in accordance with MIFA, State of Tennessee, and Aging Commission of the Mid-South requirements
- Maintain and manage electronic copy of support documentation for monthly billing statement in accordance with MIFA, State of Tennessee, and ACMS requirements
- Ensure timely data entry for billing of all Meals on Wheels accounts receivable; assist the accounting department in reconciling payments with accounts receivable; work with project team members from IT, accounting, and Meals on Wheels to address any discrepancies or missing payments in a timely manner
- Promptly inform management of issues affecting billing
- Ability to work as productive member of a workgroup
- Ability to work with members of various departments including but not limited to IT, accounting, and Meals on Wheels
- Promote and display professional conduct and attitude that is conducive to teamwork and the meeting of organizational and departmental goals
- Attend joint departmental meetings as needed
- Be familiar with MIFA policies and mission statement and relate them to daily work
- Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain an organized work environment
- Possess good people and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete duties on schedule with little or no supervision
- Other duties as assigned to meet the goals of the department
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk (or means to transport oneself); sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 15 to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Position may also require ongoing or periodic exposure to high crime environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moderate to high levels of stress during peak periods, and atypical work hours are periodically required.
MIFA full-time benefits: MIFA employees may be eligible to participate in the following benefits programs on or before the 90-day trial period: Medical and dental insurance plans, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee assistance program, paid time-off (PTO), employer-sponsored life insurance, paid holidays, and MIFA’s matching 401k plan after a year of service.
MIFA is an equal opportunity employer.
MIFA is a non-smoking facility.
Employment documents: (1) Application and/or resume; (2) I-9; (3) Form W-4; (4) Official transcripts verifying education if education is a requirement of the job.
Employment authorization and identification: Current federal law requires that documents be presented which verify both employment authorization and identification. One or more of the following documents must be presented before employment: Social Security card, state driver’s license/identification, U.S. birth certificate, U.S. passport, other U.S. government document.
Please note that it is the practice of MIFA not to allow the employment of relatives or of those living at the same address other than in the job classifications of special, temporary, or substitute.