This internship will be part of the First Tennessee Bank International Operations group.
Position is located in Memphis, TN.
This Internship will provide:
• Knowledge of the company’s First Power culture, its Core Values, vision, and mission statements.
• A broader perspective on how First Horizon services the community and region as a whole.
• The opportunity to acquire specific skills that are needed to achieve professional goals and aspirations.
• Hands-on work experience in an industry leading corporate environment.
• The opportunity to create and present a final project to Senior and Executive Management indicative of knowledge and skills acquired during the Internship experience.
• The opportunity to participate in and/or lead the completion of, assigned, short-term projects requested by managers.
• Participation in a community service project.
Our Internship program is a 9 week PAID program that starts on June 6, 2016 and ends on August 5, 2016.
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
(will average 40 hours per week)
The Intern position will support various managers and activities within the department. Primarily, the position will assist with completion of clerical tasks and evaluation of processes. The products serviced by the International Department include:
• Foreign Currency Exchange
• Foreign check processing
• Import/Export document processing (and related international payments)
• Letters of Credit
Will participate in the following projects:
• Consolidation of data relating to processing of Foreign Checks to help create an updated approval process and schedule for future handling of customers’ foreign items.
• Assistance with the format and updating of a database for Canadian checks to help streamline the daily and monthly operational requirements for the Canadian Cash Letter process.
• Participation in an ongoing project to upgrade to a new platform for Retail branches ordering foreign currency. Project includes multiple departments and technology elements in addition to communication and training for Retail personnel.
**2.75 GPA Required*
▪ Demonstrated ability to use all Microsoft Office 2003 & 2007 applications (Outlook, Word and Excel).
Prefer advanced Excel user with pivot table experience. Access database construction and management experience would be useful.
▪ Good organizational skills, detail oriented, and ability to prioritize tasks. Comfortable taking direction from multiple people.
▪ Strong written/verbal communication skills; comfortable communicating with customers and all levels of employees.
▪ Ability to work independently and as part of a team on simultaneous projects or initiatives.
▪ Good analysis, research, and problem-solving skills
▪ Experience with general office administrative and clerical tasks
Apply at https://re31.ultipro.com/FIR1007/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*006A5A112F98D594