Memphis Goodwill is seeking qualified candidates for the following openings. Interested applicants are encourage to apply online at www.goodwillmemphis.org and select Careers->Corporate Opportunities.
MARKETING AND ADVERTISING SPECIALIST
Under the leadership of the Vice President of Resource Development, the Marketing and Advertising Specialist will develop and provide strategic support of brand marketing efforts; including advertising and media, and creating integrated, multi-channel marketing plans to promote Memphis Goodwill’s brand awareness and to support fundraising efforts. Additional duties will be assigned by the Vice President of Resource Development.
• Provide marketing/promotional support for Goodwill stores and attended donation centers, including supervision of signage orders, promotional materials, needs for special promotional campaigns. Activities associated with stores including grand openings, recognition events, sales promotions, direct mail campaigns, etc.
• Creates marketing materials that present Goodwill to all of its public, ensuring that the Goodwill Brand is consistently presented
• Oversees implementation of organizational branding and external communication strategies
• Oversees advertising and promotional strategy development and the resulting activities for the organization
• Writes copy for marketing materials and press releases; further develops contacts and relationships with media representatives
• Oversees the development of advertising campaigns, marketing publications, public statements, special reports and press releases for accuracy and consistency.
• Stay current on industry best practices and market research
• Take on other responsibilities and complete other tasks as assigned
• Able to perform training that require repetitive motion of demonstration i.e. lifting, bending, reaching and standing for extensive periods of time.
• Variations of working conditions, usually in an office environment
• Ability to effectively relate to individuals with various disabilities, personalities, and cultural backgrounds.
• Ability to work well with leadership, peers, and staff
• Ability to establish and maintain meaningful, purposeful, and mature interpersonal relationships both internally and externally.
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at one time.
• Ability to market Goodwill services to employers, referral sources, and potential clients.
• Ability to brainstorm, problem-solve and make decisions independently.
• Ability to build, motivate, delegate, and hold team members accountable for the completion of responsibilities.
• Pass required background screening- Criminal Background, Drug Screen.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
EXPEREINCE AND EDUCATION:
• BS/BA in Marketing, Design or other related field,
• 5+ years marketing/communications experience,
• Excellent writing and advanced editing skills,
• Graphic Design Skills, Layout Skills and Creative Services a plus
Bachelors or better in Marketing or related field.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Graphic Design Skills, Layout Skills and Creative Services a plus
Knowledgeable of signage orders, promotional materials, needs for special promotional campaigns. Activities associated with grand openings, recognition events, sales promotions, direct mail campaigns, etc.
Prior experience with development of advertising campaigns, marketing publications, public statements, special reports and press releases.
5+ years Marketing/Communications experience