The Neighborhood Christian Centers, Inc. is looking for a ministry minded person for our organization.
The following position is open: Youth Empowered to Succeed Middle School Liaison
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Interested individuals should submit a résumé firstname.lastname@example.org or come by our office at 785 Jackson Ave. to apply in person by
Wednesday, May 13, 2015 by 5:00 pm.
YOUTH EMPOWERED TO SUCCEED MIDDLE SCHOOL LIAISON
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Date Prepared: Date Approved:
YES Middle School Liaison 3/1/15 4/30/15
STATUS: Full-time, Salaried (TBD)
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
General Purpose of Position:
To strategically develop a strong partnership with Humes Preparatory Academy Middle School in order to expand the Youth Empowered to Succeed TRUTHSeekers program to evangelize, disciple, educate, empower, and advocate for the students, their parents, the school and the northern downtown community.
The YES Middle Liaison will support the YES Associate Director with all youth-related tasks focused on middle school age students served at the North Downtown Center with a primary focus on building relationships with students and families from Humes Preparatory Academy. These tasks will include: supporting the facilitation of the Primary and Secondary sections of the YES department including, academic support, youth health and wellness initiatives, TRUTHSeekers Bible club, after school programs, summer camps, and special events while ensuring the implementation of NCC youth programs’ initiatives, mission, and values.
- Serves as the liaison between NCC and Humes Preparatory Academy middle school, which will include: visiting the school weekly, implementing activities to build relationships with teachers and staff at school, identifying opportunities to serve the school community, etc.
- Serves as the facilitator of NCC youth programs for the related age group (middle: 11-14 years old) at the North Center.
- Works closely with the media specialist on script for the Junior TRUTHSeekers television program.
- Assists with the leadership for the Youth Multi-Media summer program.
- Meets and Collaborates with YES Associate Director on Secondary youth ministries endeavors.
- Assists in the development and coordination of YES after school programs, summer camps, curriculum, and evangelism efforts.
- Attends weekly meetings directed by the YES Associate Director to receive training and supervision of all activities related to youth programs to ensure that the team implements the mission and values of NCC.
- Complies with all NCC policies and procedures (i.e. check requests, room requests, PTO requests, etc.).
- Maintains attendance records and client data for each child served in Primary YES programs at the North Center.
- Carries out any other duties deemed necessary.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must have a desire to work in ministry.
- Must have the ability to train others and help facilitate programs.
- Must possess interpersonal skills with a diverse range of socioeconomic backgrounds, including but not limited to youth, parents, and key stakeholders.
- Must be able to identify specific needs of participants based on behavior and conduct and connect them to the proper resources.
- Must have written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must be able to carry out the NCC Statement of Faith, Mission, and Values.