Human Resources Coordinator
MIFA’s mission: Supporting the independence of vulnerable seniors and families in crisis through high-impact programs. Our vision: Uniting the community through service. Our values are to welcome and respect all people, act with integrity, value individual initiative and ability, serve individuals and the community as an act of faith, and balance humanitarian goals with sound business practices.
Job title: Human Resources Coordinator
Reports to VP human resources; full-time, exempt, starting rate $16.50/hour
Closing date: March 20, 2015
To apply, mail resume and cover letter to MIFA Human Resources, 910 Vance Ave, Memphis, TN 38126 or email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
To coordinate all aspects of the day-to-day operations of human resources through the use of excellent organizational skills and judgment, as well as technical knowledge. Coordinator will serve as key facilitator for all company trainings and development opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, liberal arts, or business administration. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- PHR, SPHR, or related certification in the area of human resources strongly preferred with secondary qualifications in HR, training and development, or business studies
- Two years’ experience in a corporate or business setting, preferably in human resources
- Working knowledge of Fair Labor Standards Act, FMLA, ADA, and employment law processing
- Good people and organizational skills in dealing with inquiries, special requests, and complaints, with the ability to problem-solve effectively in person and over the phone
- Good presentation and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate policies and procedures, organizational concepts, and direct small groups
- Ability to welcome and respect people of diverse ages, groups, and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to complete duties on schedule with little or no supervision and very strong attention to detail
- Proficiency at communication systems (computer, email, laptop, fax, scanner, and presentation equipment), Microsoft Office, and various database systems
- Act with integrity and manage confidential information discreetly
Major responsibilities and related tasks
Manage timely compliance of all training and development opportunities, performance reviews, and trial evaluations.
- Coordinate and source ongoing annual trainings for MIFA staff
- Coordinate timely facilitation of 90-day onboarding trial reviews and benefit orientations
- Manage compliance, and support the training and completions of MIFA’s annual performance review process
- Coordinate trainings for local, state and federal grant compliance
- Monitor programs and individualized request for specific training requirements
- Manage MIFA’s hiring process by facilitating the interview selection form process, judging appropriate recruitment methods, responding promptly to applicants, and effectively screening and disseminating applications.
- Complete and maintain appropriate paperwork and reports (i.e. response correspondence, offer letters, employments letters, background checks, and status forms)
- Monitor for compliance and coordinate new employee orientations and trial reviews.
- Manage exit process by coordinating exit interviews, separation notices, and COBRA processing
Promote and engage monthly employee relations activities.
- Manage timely monthly nominations for the Richard Reinhart All-Star recognition program by notifying winners and monitoring effectiveness
- Coordinate, assess, and lead annual and ongoing employee relations activities with the Fun at Work committee
- Lead the coordination of monthly birthday notices, retirement celebrations, and quarterly gatherings
- Maintain a cooperative relationship with staff
- Manage the FMLA/LWOP/Workman’s Comp process, ensuring employees appropriately exit, respond, and reenter the system.
- Serve as benefit liaison by facilitating the enrollment of employees in insurance programs and assisting employees in obtaining accurate information about their fringe benefits.
- Oversee employee records in compliance with funding sources and ensure appropriate staff files are audit–compliant.
- Assist VP of Human Resources in all areas of administration.
- Coordinate billing processes and manage the HR employment schedule
Direct/oversee and coordinate available temporary Meritan staff, interns, or volunteers as needed.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk (or means to transport oneself); sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 15 to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Position may also require ongoing or periodic exposure to high crime environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moderate to high levels of stress during peak periods, and atypical work hours are periodically required.
MIFA full-time benefits: MIFA employees may be eligible to participate in the following benefits programs on or before the 90-day trial period: Medical and dental insurance plans, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee assistance program, paid time-off (PTO), employer sponsored life insurance, paid holidays, and MIFA’s matching 401k plan after a year of service.
MIFA employment guidelines
MIFA is an equal opportunity employer.
MIFA is a non-smoking facility.
Employment documents: (1) Application and/or resume; (2) I-9; (3) Form W-4; (4) Official transcripts verifying education if education is a requirement of the job.
Employment authorization and identification: Current federal law requires that documents be presented which verify both employment authorization and identification. One or more of the following documents must be presented before employment: Social Security card, state driver’s license/identification, U.S. birth certificate, U.S. passport, other U.S. government document.
Please note that it is the practice of MIFA not to allow the employment of relatives or of those living at the same address other than in the job classifications of special, temporary, or substitute.