Job Title: Student Trainee (OA) Internship
Agency: Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Job Announcement Number: D15-FPMEM-1325208-013-LAH
|$25,434.00 to $41,530.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, February 9, 2015 to Wednesday, February 18, 2015|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Part Time – Internships|
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 05
|1 vacancy in the following location:
Memphis, TN View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Students enrolled at least half-time basis at a qualifying educational institution.|
|Public Trust – Background Investigation|
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is seeking participants for the Pathways program. The agency is composed of a highly motivated and diverse team dedicated to the agency’s mission – to eradicate employment discrimination. Come join us and make a difference.
PATHWAYS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM OVERVIEW: The Pathways Internship Program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore Federal careers while still in school. The Internship provides managers a ready source of student employees and potential permanent employees upon completion of the program requirements. It also provides the student with work experience directly related to the curriculum studies or career goals while offering eligibility for non-competitive conversion to permanent employment upon completion.
CONVERSION: This appointment may be extended until the selectee’s education program requirements have been completed, at which time the individual may, at agency’s discretion, be converted to a term or permanent appointment. There is no guarantee for conversion.
Additional Pathways Internship Program information can be found at: http://www.opm.gov/HiringReform/Pathways/program/interns/
- Not Required
- You must be a U.S. citizen or National to apply for this job.
- Subject to a background investigation.
- Be at least 16 years old by the closing date of this announcement.
- Accepted for or currently enrolled in a qualified educational institution.
- A qualified typist is required.
Incumbent participates as part of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s Pathways Student Intership Program. This program integrates on-the-job training with pertinent education in a specific field of learning. He/she will serve as a student trainee by assisting the staff in accomplishing day-to-day duties. Assignments become more responsible as incumbent increases knowledge and skills through work experience and academic training.
Work Environment: The work environment includes everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of offices, meetings and training rooms.
Work Schedule: Part-Time, Monday – Friday, 20 hours per week.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
Your rating will be based on your responses to the Assessment Questionnaire and the information stated in your resume. The assessment questions relate to the following competencies that are required to perform the work of this position.
- Knowledge of clerical tasks and processes.
- Ability to use computer equipment to record, manage, and present data.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Applicants must meet all qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Internship Program: To be eligible, applicants must be accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) in a qualifying educational institution, on a full- or half-time basis.
Specialized Experience: There is no specialized experience required for this position.
General Experience: Six months of general experience is required. For this position, general experience is defined as progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates the ability to perform the duties of this position.
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. There may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items such as paper, books, or small parts. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Veterans’ Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.
Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 “Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference” with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Education: Completion of one full year of post high school study. The required education must lead to a bachelor’s degree with specialization in or directly related to the field in which the student trainees will receive training on the job. An academic year of undergraduate education is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours, or the equivalent in an accredited college or university. (Transcripts are required.)
NOTE: YOU MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF ENROLLMENT ALONG WITH YOUR TRANSCRIPTS. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF CONSIDERATION.
PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Review and Evaluation
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume and/or supporting documentation will be verified during the review process. If your resume/application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
You are eligible for FEHB coverage if:
- your full-time or part-time temporary appointment has a regular tour of duty and follows a position in which you were insured, with a break in service of no more than 3 days;
• you are a Presidential appointee appointed to fill an unexpired term;or
• your appointment follows, with a break in service of no more than 3 days, a position in which you were insured.
You are ineligible for health benefits coverage if you are:
- serving under an appointment limited to one year or less and you have not completed at least one year of current continuous employment, excluding any break in service of 5 days or less; or
• expected to work less than 6 months in each year.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
Recommended Method for Submitting Your Materials:
To apply for this position, you must complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in Required Documents.
You must submit a complete application package by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard/Daylight Savings Time on the closing date of the announcement. Failure to provide all required documents will result in you not being considered for employment.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select themore information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
If you completed the occupational questionnaire online and are unable to upload supporting document(s) please follow the steps below:
- To fax your documents, you must use the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf and provide the required information. The Vacancy ID is .
- Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot complete the Application Package online, you may fax all of your materials. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration. Keep a copy of your fax confirmation in the event verification is needed.
To complete the occupational questionnaire and submit via fax:
- Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire.
- Print the 1203FX form, follow the instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire items http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf.
- Fax all six pages of the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
Resumes/Applications and supporting documentation will NOT be accepted by mail. Should you need assistance please contact the individual identified in this announcement at least 2 days prior to the closing date.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
- Cover Letter
- Current proof of enrollment