Job title: Senior Companion Program Coordinator
Reports to Senior Companion Program Manager; full-time, exempt, $13.90-$15.05/hour
To apply, mail resume and cover letter to MIFA Human Resources, P. O. Box 3130, Memphis, TN 38173-0130 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Closing date: February 13, 2015
The Senior Companion program coordinator is responsible for maintaining a computerized calculation and reporting system, maintaining volunteer records, maintaining an effective relationship with volunteer station managers, and providing technical assistance to the program volunteers.
- Associate’s degree or two years’ post-high-school education
- Two years of office or customer service experience
- Two years of experience in a social service environment
- Attention to detail in follow-up, paperwork, and case notes
- Ability to remain calm and focused in situations where clients or involved parties may be angry or anxious
- Proficiency at operating communication systems (computers, email, laptops, telephone, faxes, scanners, and presentation equipment), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), and various database systems
- Ability to prioritize workload, work independently, and possess individual initiative to organize projects
- Effective problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to handle client and donor information confidentially and discreetly
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Major responsibilities and related tasks
Maintain computerized calculation and reporting system for disbursement of volunteers’ cash benefits (stipend and mileage reimbursement), meals reports, and transportation reports in a timely, effective, and prudent manner.
- Create and maintain computerized payroll calculations on a monthly basis
- Produce a payroll report monthly
- Coordinate a payroll spreadsheet in Excel
- Calculate the number of meals ordered on a monthly basis for the Senior Companions in a database
- Record the number of meals monthly and generate a report
- Calculate and keep computerized records of the number of Senior Companion being transported by MIFA Transit to appointed assignments
- Calculate and keep computerized records of the Senior Companions who drive their personal vehicles to their appointed assignments
Format a system for Senior Companion volunteer records, including documentation of income eligibility, letters of agreement, and client care plans by reviewing SCP files on a weekly basis and updating any information obtained in the process
- Update letter of agreement when a Senior Companion changes clients
- Mail out memorandum of understanding to partnering agency to be re-signed every three years
- Monitor the income eligibility of active Senior Companions based on the Tennessee state poverty guidelines annually
- Ensure the volunteer files and the Vol-Trax data files match and are current
Create an effective professional relationship with the volunteer station supervisors to facilitate record-keeping and day-to-day operations by mailing out correspondence, emailing, and making phones calls.
- Incorporate an effective communication system with volunteer station managers to facilitate accurate record-keeping
- Update Senior Companion performance evaluation annually
- Tally all Senior Companion, client, caregiver, and site manager surveys annually
Provide technical/program information and guidance to Senior Companion volunteers and volunteer station to ensure all parties are in accordance with program rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Notify Senior Companions and volunteer stations of any changes affecting the daily function of the program
- Monitor the quality of the program and safety of the Senior Companions with work site visits and client home visits
- Assist with recruitment, interviewing, training, and recertification of Senior Companions
Other duties assigned to meet goals of the department.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, theemployee is occasionally required to stand, walk (or means totransport oneself); sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects,tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance;stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear. The employee mustoccasionally lift and/or move 15 to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment isusually moderate to high. Position may also require ongoing orperiodic exposure to high crime environments. The noise level in thework environment is usually moderate. While performing the dutiesof this job, the employee is exposed to moderate to high levels ofstress during peak periods, and atypical work hours areperiodically required.