Job Title:Legal Assistant (Office Automation)
Department:Department Of Justice
Agency:Executive Office for U.S. Attorneys and the Office of the U.S. Attorneys
Job Announcement Number:15-TNW-1307454-DE
|$31,944.00 to $51,437.00 / Per Year|
|Thursday, January 22, 2015 to Wednesday, January 28, 2015|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time – Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:
Memphis, TN View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|All U.S. Citizens and Nationals|
|Public Trust – Background Investigation|
If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career, this is the position for you! With a diverse and talented workforce of over 100,000 men and women, Justice leads the Nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. You will be part of a dedicated team helping to enforce Federal criminal and civil laws that protect life, liberty and the property of citizens.
The Executive Office for United States Attorneys (EOUSA) is a great place to work. The Department of Justice ranked #5 out of 19 large agencies and EOUSA/United States Attorneys Offices ranked #55 out of 315 agency subcomponents in a study, “The Best Places to Work in the Federal Government, 2014 Ratings” published by the Partnership for Public Service. See www.bestplacestowork.org
For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys Offices, visit http://www.justice.gov/usao/.
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
To view the entire announcement, including instructions on how to apply, click on tabs above.
- Occasional Travel
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Background investigation, credit check, and drug test required.
- You must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable.
At the full performance level, you will support Assistant United States Attorneys (AUSA) by providing a variety of legal assistance and office support services. If selected, you will receive formal and/or on-the-job training as needed. Duties include:
– examining, preparing and processing a variety of technical legal documents, e.g., complaints, motions, orders, answers, pleadings, subpoenas, and libels;
– providing assistance to attorneys in trial preparation;
– assembling exhibits, affidavits, and other legal documents;
– assembling and organizing files and records material for disposition or transfer to records depository;
– maintaining calendar of assigned active cases;
– tracking filing, hearing, and trials dates, and scheduling conference and interviews;
– arranging travel by preparing itinerary and securing transportation and hotel reservations; and
– producing a variety of written documents and materials using a wide range of office software applications.
Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progress.
Details and how to apply: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/392110500