Reports To: President & CEO Status: Full-TimeFLSA: Exempt Hours: 8:30 a.m.– 5 p.m., M–F (overtime as needed)
Job Summary: Responsible for greeting visitors, handling telephone calls, processing incoming and outgoing mail, processing donation letters, maintaining board and employee documents/files, maintaining room and equipment calendars, providing administrative support for the CEO and management staff.
- Greet visitors, answer and route telephone calls, accept and process food donations.
- Sort incoming mail, separating any checks, distribute mail and checks, process outgoing mail for postage.
- Proofread thank you letters and prepare letters for mailing; oversee volunteers in this task.
- Maintain board of directors list, board packets, board minutes, board books and files; staff list, employee mail and fax boxes and forms files.
- Maintain conference room and equipment sign-out calendar.
- Maintain positive interpersonal relationships with donors, volunteers, agency representatives, visitors, management, staff and board of directors.
- Prepare correspondence, memos, reports as needed for CEO.
- Manage CEO’s time and calendar through efficient scheduling of internal and external meetings, conferences and travel.
- Provide clerical support to management staff in assigned project based work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years of college plus 2 years clerical experience, including multiple line telephone/switchboard.
- Computer skills including advanced proficiency in Outlook, Powerpoint, Microsoft Word and Excel, including mail merge feature.
- Ability to use standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of good record keeping procedures and ability to maintain accurate records and files.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail while keeping multiple projects moving forward.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute with accuracy.
- Professional and pleasant demeanor with all internal and external contacts.
- Motivated self-starter who can anticipate needs and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under pressure-sensitive situations.
APPLY IN PERSON: 239 South Dudley St., Memphis, TN 38104. No phone calls, please. Or, Complete an online employment application by clicking: onlineemployment_application_fillable.docx and emailing it to:HR@midsouthfoodbank.org with “Employment Application” on subject line.