Mid-South Food Bank Job Opening
239 South Dudley St. / Memphis, TN 38104
Job Title: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
Reports To: President & CEO
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday –Friday
Job Summary: Responsible for greeting visitors, handling telephone calls, processing incoming and outgoing mail, processing donation letters, maintaining board and employee documents/files, maintaining room and equipment calendars, providing administrative support for the CEO and management staff.
• Greet visitors, answer and route telephone calls, accept and process food donations.
• Sort incoming mail, separating any checks, distribute mail and checks, process outgoing mail for postage.
• Proofread thank you letters and prepare letters for mailing; oversee volunteers in this task during the busy season.
• Maintain board list, board packets, board minutes, board books and files, staff list, employee mail and fax boxes and forms files.
• Maintain board room and equipment sign-out calendar.
• Maintain positive interpersonal relationships with donors, volunteers, agency representatives, visitors, management, staff and board of directors.
• Prepare correspondence, memos, reports as needed for CEO.
• Manage CEO’s time and calendar through efficient scheduling of internal and external meetings, conferences and travel.
• Provide clerical support to management staff in assigned project based work.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Two years of college plus 2 years clerical experience, including telephone switchboard.
• Computer skills including advanced proficiency in Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Excel, including mail merge feature.
• Ability to use standard office equipment.
• Knowledge of good record keeping procedures and ability to maintain accurate records and files.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to type 50 words per minute.
• Professional and pleasant demeanor with all internal and external contacts.
• Motivated self-starter who can anticipate needs and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under pressure-sensitive situations.
Some overtime as needed
Email resume to NCollins@midsouthfoodbank.org